[vdr] Re: cutting broken again...

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Guido Fiala wrote:

GF> This time it is an absolutely clean stream, no driver crashs during recording
GF> of "Abyss..." on Pro7. Playing or setting the cutting marks is no problem,
GF> the editing starts just normally but somewhere in the middle it stops without
GF> appearant reason.

GF> Look carefully at the cutted movies, count the visible sections and guess
GF> length in minutes and cross check twice until you delete the original -
GF> something evil is going on :-(

Last week I had the following situation (which might be different from the
Guidos): I had a recording A which I was going to cut. Just before cutting
I removed an old recording B (which was moved to a *.del directory)
While cutting my hard disk became empty and the cutting process stopped.
It turned out that the recording B was still in a *.del directory and was
not removed from the hard disk as the free space was needed.

If the disk wents empty while recording and there are some deleted
recordings on the disk, they are removed. I think it should be handled
similarly while a cutting process.

c ya
        Sergei

         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de