[vdr] Re: Newby, channels.conf, ARM-stuff

	Thanks for the quick answer.

> I think there's a cable.conf file in the VDR configuration directory.
Try to
> copy it to /video/channels.conf (you might want to make a backup
before that)

	I did copy channels.conf.cable to /video/cable.conf, sure, this is
advised in the INSTALL file. But look at the file, you have entries for
"Cinedom" or whatever, something that I definately don't have.

	I'm really wondering why you need this file, which is de facto not
appropriate.

	I mean, as far as I know, vdr can automatically learn new keys for
keyboard-control, what is a pretty advanced feature, but cannot scan
new channels, what is a vital feature? I'm sure I missed something.

> Well it does have an ARM-processor, but you don't really need to
worry, the
> driver does everything for you.

	Ok thank you for the information. It is just less unclear for me now.

		cu

			ben

Home | Main Index | Thread Index