[vdr] Re: VDR-Crash when cutting while recording

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 11:36:26 +0200 (CEST), _cooper_ <cooper@linvdr.org>
wrote:

> What's going wrong? I damaged several recordings cause I started cutting while
> I dodn't remember there's a recording process running.

Cutting is very hard on the machine because it reads the input file as
fast as possible. Even on my 800 MHz Duron everything slows down. To
avoid this I have inserted a usleep() call into the cutting thread. This
slows down cutting to about 1-2 MB/s.

Additionaly you can increase the recording buffer size.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index