[vdr] Re: VDR-Crash when cutting while recording

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002, _cooper_ (c) wrote:

c> >
c> > Cutting is very hard on the machine because it reads the input file as
c> > fast as possible. Even on my 800 MHz Duron everything slows down.
c> As said, in the 0.9.x versions of VDR I had no problems. The machine is
c> exactly the same, so there must be a change somewhere in the 1.0.x releases.

IIRC,  in  some  of  the 0.9x versions, some usleeps were forgotten in the
cutting  threads,  the  result  was that cuttings were extremely sloow. So
maybe  you  had  one  of  the  versions,  where this usleeps prevented the
crashes

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de