[vdr] Re: need help with NVRam

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, peacemkr@gmx.de () wrote:

> That doesnt help very much.
> The Problem is the VDR should pass the next timer-start to the nvram to let
> the comp. start at the right time.

doesn't vdr do that?

> That should happen automatic but the script doesnt seem to be complete.

why is the script not complete?

would you be more precise what's going wrong?
  - does the script work if you call it like I told in my previous mail?
  - what is the command line of vdr?
  - what are the log messages if the script is called?
  - what exactly isn't working?

> From: "Sergei Haller" <Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de>
> >
> > you can run the script by hand like this:
> >
> >    vdrshutdown $((`date +%s` + 10 * 60))
> >
> > (this sets the timer 10 minutes in the future)

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain