[vdr] Re: Speed up the opening of Recordingsmenu ?

Steffen Koch wrote:

> Emil Naepflein schrieb:
> > I think VDR can nothing do here, except you want to implement your own
> > video filesystem on top of raw disks. ;-)
> What about VDR keeping a file up to date with all recordings on that
> particular disk? (lockin mechanisms inlcuded)

Not a good idea - at least not until VDR supports
renaming recordings, moving recordings into other
directories, changing recording priority and
lifetime, etc, etc.
All of that I currently do manually via the file
system comands mv, cp, etc.
VDR does not know about it, so I believe it is good
that VDR asks the file system every time about the
real status.

However, as I said in an earlier posting, an easy
workaround should be to let a find command refresh
the file system cache all the time. Of course it
would be much nicer, as Emil suggested, to prevent
mis-use of the file system cache by files that are
read/written only once anyway.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index