[vdr] Re: DVB-T tuner error

Chris Newell wrote:
> I'm just installed a Hauppauge DVB-T tuner (Nova) card alongside my DVB-S
> card. However, when I try to use it with vdr I get the error:
> Is this likely to be a hardware fault or a software driver problem?
If you want to check your setup without configuring VDR's channels.conf as
suggested by another poster, you can try using dvbtune from
http://www.linuxstb.org/.  Download and build it, then try something like:
dvbtune -f <freq>
where <freq> is calculated as described at
http://www.linuxstb.org/dvb-t/index.shtml (don't forget the 167kHz UK
offset on some transmitters).  I think 505833334 is the right frequency
for the BBC multiplex on Crystal Palace.

If you get a successful tuning (it says things like FE_HAS_LOCK), then
it's probably your VDR setup.  If it doesn't work, I have a working UK
setup and am happy to take you through everything I did to get it going.

Cheers,

Mike.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index