[vdr] Re: Disk suggestions?

> If you've problems with enough controllers put 160GB Maxtors in your
> VDR-Box.

You may run into additional trouble using IDE-Drives >128MB in your system.
As far as I know, especially older BIOS/Mainboard combinations do not
support those disks, and an updated BIOS may not avaiable. (at least for my
Asus CUA bought only 1,5 years ago, there is no such BIOS available).

Furhter, it seems to be neccessary to patch the kernel to supprt those large
disks (I remember reading about this in previous postings)

So,  maybe the 120GB Maxtor is the (easier) way to go.

just my 0,02 EUR
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index