[vdr] Re: DXR3 support patch for vdr-1.1.5

Andreas Schultz wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yes, it's not an mistake, this is a PATCH for vdr-1.1.5. Welcome back to
> patching VDR. I tried to find a different way, but the current cDevice,
> cTransfer and cPlayer architecture does not allow any other solution.
>
> This release is mainly indented for developers and still has severe
> limitations, most of which will not go way unless the cDevice mess is clean
> up.

Thanks a lot for calling my work a "mess"!!

As I told you in a previous private email, I first wanted to provide
plugin interfaces for the current player patches, before going to implement
abstract hardware devices.

If it were just for me, I wouldn't need any plugin interface at all.
What I'm implementing right now is mainly for others to make life
easier for them. And I took the liberty to do this at my pace.

I don't appreciate to hear words like "mess" in connection with my work,
unless there is something really wrong with it. Especially from _you_
I wouldn't have expected something like this...

Klaus