[vdr] Minimum CPU for Mplayer realtime encoding

Hello,

after I found out with the help of this list, that my current cpu
(PII/350) is too slow for realtime viewing of divx with mplayer and
a dvb card rev. 1.3. I started some research.

I found in the list archive, that an Athlon 1200 (old modell?) would
do, but not totally perfect. I was thinking of getting a board with
a 1GHz Celeron. I am not so sure if this is enough cpu power. On the
other hand I only want to have as much cpu power that is actually needed
as my machine is exclusivly for vdr.

What cpu/board combinations are you using for such a task?

CU

Jens

Home | Main Index | Thread Index