[vdr] Re: DVD .vob -> .vdr

Matt Tovey wrote:

> does anyone have a procedure to convert DVD .vob files to .vdr format?
> To me it looks like it should be possible with mplayer's mencoder, and
> maybe mplex afterwards, but it'd save me a lot of experimenting if
> someone already knew how to do this... :)

> Or do people copy the .vob's to disk and use the VDR builtin mplayer to
> view them?
I incremented buffersizes in vdr, recompile, then copy the vobs as
xxx.vdr into an appropriate directory structure and vdr will play them
as his own files works perfectly and without any quality loss. BUT: (You
knew it would come ;-) ) You mostly need DD equipment to hear anything
because I don't know of any DVD with MPEG track.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index