[vdr] TiVo like auto recording

Hi,

I just been looking at www.digiguide.com, it gave me an idea, I s'pose
there's multiple ways of implementing it though.

The general idea would be to have a list of your favourite tv shows, which
vdr would record automatically for you.

digiguide have current software and a way of having plugins, unfortunatly
it just seems to be windows software. In that case, I s'pose someone could
write a plugin for it which would connect to vdradmin and auto setup
timers.

Or, there's the idea of a plugin for vdr, either somehow parsing the
digiguide.com website (as you can search for and get details of programs
via the site without the software), and setup timers from that. Or even
contacting the people at digiguide and asking if you can write linux
software like their windows software, which could eventually be
incorperated into a plugin for vdr.

European and US support is being added to digiguide soon too, so it
wouldn't just be of use to UK people.

There's even the idea of VDR learning the programs you like (this is where
is get TiVo like) and adding programs to your lists of favourite programs,
which would then be recorded automatically etc.

Even if none of the above is very possible, I s''pose a simple plugin
could simply read EPG data and compare it to a list and do something
similar.

Unfortunatly i'm not really in any position to code this atm, i'm kinda
busy... so I thought i'd let my ideas loose on other people that might be
interested in the same things (preferably with more time than me :))

Gary

Home | Main Index | Thread Index