[vdr] Re: "stand-by-recording"

Rene Caspari wrote:

> It's a little bit hard for me to describe, because my english isn't
> so good, but i want to try it:
>
> I want to record in background the same, what i'm watching - but the
> recordingfile should has a static size (for example 1gb).
> So if the file is full, i want to delete the beginning of the file
> like i write new data at the end:
>
>   abcdefghi ==> bcdefghij ==> cdefghijk ==> ... ==> hijklmnop
>   |--1gb--|     |--1gb--|     |--1gb--|             |--1gb--|
>
> I hope you could understand, what i mean :-)
>
> Are there any deliberations, if this will be implemented in vdr?
> If not, has anyone an idea, how this could be realized under linux?

Hi,

i think your idea could be extended. Why not use this x gb ringbuffer
permanently and then set the card to transfermode all the time, so you
could pause live tv right away without first switching to transfer mode,
and also even baetter you can rewind live tv, which normaly is not
possible, since you normaly dont know that an interesting scene will
show up in advance.

Cu Ulrich