[vdr] Re: VDR is obsolete

> I've run Java applications on lighter platforms than this with adequate
> performance. A vdr type GUI would spend most of the time doing nothing -
> all the intensive processes would be done by the library APIs (which would
> be implemented mostly in native code).

I think I just have a general grudge against Java ... not entirely sure
why... I think it's mostly related to the (awful) CS degree I did... they
focused on Java to the exclusion of everything else :/

It does certainly seem sensible to bring Java in on the fun, given MHEG-5 and
the MHP specification (was actually reading a BBC paper on the MHEG-5 -> MHP
transition the other day :)...

gdh