[vdr] Re: [OT] lirc problem

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 21:47, you wrote:
> >Anyone having the ALDI remote working with his homebrew reciever and
> >lircd? Any hints are appreciated.
>
> I have several Aldi remotes in use (no problems at all), but not the new
> one.
> This is how I came along:
>
> - there is a universal RC5 lirc.conf in the net (very long, one line for
> every code).
>    get and install this.
> -  with this you can check different code numbers on the remote very
> fast, just with irw, not with learning (this seems to be not working
> very good)
> -  if you found a number that maps all keys you need to different codes,
> just copy and maybe rename these to a shorter lirc.conf
> - I use 001,171 and 266 but this probably isn`t useful for the new remote
>
> needs an hour or two but then it really runs perfectly.
>
> Happy searching.
> (and if you find a code that maps all keys to diferent messages, maybe
> you post your result, I know a lot of people here on the list bought
> that remote)

Yeah if you are talkin about the MD 4688 a played a lot around with it and
didn't find any combination. But I guess there is one , but there are
hundreds of combination , so I guess there is one ;) (maybe a lot more, but
according to murphy they will be at the end of testing ;) ). Will search this
lirc.conf too and hunting a littlebit.

Greets

Steffen
--