[vdr] Re: AC3 with -a

> Hi there,
>
> I got that problem once with the 1.0.x and earlier version. vdr didnt
> send any AC3 to the command after the -a option someone pointed out
that
> I should apply the AIO patch for that. Pretty clear.
>
> But what shall i do with the 1.1.x Version of VDR ? For me -a doesnt
> work out of the box. Try it with the "Schuh des Manitu DVD", that
worked
> with V1.0.4.  Do I have to include some additional config or do I have
> to write a plugin for this ?????
>

> Best Regards
>
> Tim

There was a discussion about this -a option in VDR 1.1.x. The current
situation seems to be (or did I oversee something?):
- No Live-AC3 over soundcard or DVB, only if you play a recorded VDR
file or if you start recording
- No AC3 when playing back DVDs :-((((((((((((((

There is patch in the forum of bashy.bei.t-online.de, that always sets
VDR to transfer mode so Live-AC3 is always enabled, don´t know if this
also works with DVD.

I am also still waiting for a solution but with VDR 1.2 coming closer I
am confident that we won´t have to wait too long for this feature to
work :-)...

With kind regards

Jörg