[vdr] Re: Slightly OT: How to share two video directories ?

Helmut Auer <vdr@helmutauer.de> wrote:

> > Why do you use samba for sharing filesystems within linux??
> >
> Because I also use windoze clients to access these directories and I
> prefer samba because imho nfs is a little bit unsecure if you are
> always connnected.

hmm, what's your ip? ;-) SCNR

you should have a firewall anyway! security comes from bugfree daemons
and i don't think nfsd has (much) more bugs then smbd. however, at least
you can use nf and samba in parallel, using the same shares/exports.

just my 2 cents ...
clemens