[vdr] Re: DVD 2 VDR

Mario Aistleitner schrieb:

Hello!

In the last time I read a little about storing DVD (or (S)VCDs) as VDR recordings.

For DVDs I tried the following:
mplayer -vo mpegpes:001.vdr -ao mpegpes -aid 128 <vob datei>
and then I used genindex to get the index file.

But this only works for a few DVDs. Most DVDs don't work with this methode. The few DVDs I got working like this are not seekable.

For (S)VCDs I create the right stucture for a VDR-recording (like for DVD) and then copy the files to the directory and rename them to 001.vdr and so on. Then I also use genindex to get an index file.
But with this method I got no (S)VCD working as a VDR-recording. This method I read in the list a few days ago.

Do anybody know a methode that works well for one of these problems?

You can take any mpeg stream supported by the hardware/driver for replay with VDR. (S)VCD streams can be ripped from VCD to files eg. with vcdxrip which comes with vcdimager. Simply copying vobs from DVD to 001.vdr etc. should work too.

genindex doesn't work yet with all types of mpegs but can certainly be extended. Replay without seeking works without the index.vdr file.

Thomas