[vdr] AW: Multiple disks or EVMS/RAID/etc. (was: vdr Verhalten bei /video0 /video1 ...)

So i use evms with my gentoo-linux vdr-box and this works as expected.
As filesystems i have choosen reiserfs on top of the evms-container, which
is build over two disks. I can recommend that. reiserfs and evms is stable
here with kernel 2.4.20 (gentoo-sources). I chose reiserfs because it really
checks a uncleanly unmounted fs like a rocket.
If you do not too much complicated things with evms (which are possible, of
course), its not to hard to set it up. You'll check it out if you set it up.
You need kernel-support and user-utilities to work with it (use the evmsn to
set it up). Look into some forums or google.

Gruss

Stephan