[vdr] Re: Is this DVB-C card compatibel with VDR?

AN> Hi,
AN> yes, im using vidmode=2 in the driver option. The picture is not
AN> black/white, the colors are wrong, too intensive, mmhh...dunno how to
AN> descripe the picture in english (for german: Das bild ist verwaschen, die
AN> farben stimmen nicht, sieht irgendwie verschleiert aus).

i had this problem with my dvb card too (TT-PCI). What Andre
describes here in german can be translated with "the picture is
blurred". esp. when watching soccer you think that there are too many
players on the field or that every player has his own "ghost".
this is because card and/or tv does not match antenna plug specs
(75 Ohm impedance). I fixed this by connecting a resistor between Data
(is it called Data ?) and GND inside one of the chinch-plugs to
reduce the reflection on the cable-ends.
maybe i was happy not to destroy my svideo-output but the effect is
that the picture gets sharper but you loose some brightness.
i use a 100 Ohm resistor and am happy with the result but size of the
resistor may vary on other setups. maybe you'd even like to try a
variable resistor.
Of course i take no resposibility for this ;) but it works for me!

Bye, Sebastian