[vdr] Re: Cutting problems?

Steffen Koch wrote:
On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:21:47 +0100, Wolfgang Fritz wrote:

I can understand that ds.jar detects the cuts by the jumps in the timecode, but what I do not understand is that it has to insert audio frames at the cuts for several hundred milliseconds to maintain A/V sync.

If I replay the resulting DVD image file with mplayer, I can notice the short pauses in the audio at the cuts, but the video distortions are gone.

It seems to me as if video and audio are cutted at different times and some audio is "lost" at the cuts.
Has anybody seen these effects too?
This is correct... Since audio is early (smaller buffer reqd.) around
200 - 400 ms and vdr is writing them together and not time corrected to
the hdd, audio is early too in the file. VDR is then using the video
pts as reference for cutting.

So times in marks.vdr are correct for the video stream?

I hope this is understandable ;-))
Yes. But why do I notice distortions in the video and not in the audio? I assume the cut is correct for video and mplayer or vdr are getting confused by the missing audio frames. I will try to verify this by demuxing a vdr recording with ds.jar and replaying the video file alone with mplayer.

Wolfgang