[vdr] Re: DVD-Plugin vdr-1.1.23

Hi Christian,

Christian Kramer schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with the DVD-Plugin. Compiling works
> well, but if I try
> to view a DVD, the plugin seems to start (the picture
> goes black). Then the
> last tuned channel is shown and vdr is kiled and
> restarts.
>
> First I thougt it is the wrong libnav package, but I use
> the patched one.
> Who has got an idea what I could have done wrong.
> By the way, same behavior with 1.1.20.
>
> I'm using vdr-1.1.23 with Elchi-AIO3 and some working
> plugins, like
> teletext, mp3, tictactoe :-) ...
I have the same behaivior with 1.1.22. I heard from someone with the
same problem, that it is working fine after reinstalling Linux. I have
spent a lot of time with recompiling and testing with different
libraries and options, but I found no solution :-(. With 1.1.20, before
my harddisk breaked, it has worked fine. After reinstalling with the
new harddisk, the DVD plugin would not work any more. I did not change
anything else than the harddisk. I used the same installation script
from vdrforum.de with SuSE 8.1 and the same configuration and the same
DVD, that worked on my previous installation. So, I am a litle bit
confused about that behaviour and I am not willing to reinstall Linux.
Any idea?

Regards,
Juergen