[vdr] Re: Gcc Version for DVB Driver Compile -- Hang

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:09:14 +0100
<robert@icewolf.homeip.net> wrote:

> Hy,
>
> I just tried to compile another DVB Driver Version.
> But after loading the drivers and starting vdr the system seems to
> hang.(even VT switch hangs)

Make sure you build kernel and modules with the same version of
Gcc, i experienced similar problems when Debian Unstable switched to
gcc-3.2.2 as default compiler. Recompiling the kernel again and modules
again with the same gcc solved the problem.

> then i tried to recompile my working drivers but after the recompile
> they are hanging too.
>
> I use the latest gcc version included in gentoo  gcc 3.2.1.
> Are there some issues with this version and the dvb driver, or is my
> system broken ?
> and is someone using this gcc with DVB ?

DVB drivers are working for me with gcc-3.2.2 but for now i compile VDR
with 2.95 since Klaus himself seems to prefere it.

Let us know.

Bye,
   ANgelus.