[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Remote MPlayer plugin

On Freitag, 7. Februar 2003 21:41 Helmut Auer wrote:
> That sounds really good. Is there a chance to use MPLAYER under CygWin,
> so I can use a windows machine as server ?

You can try...
don't knwo if cygwin can handle all stuff, but there are mplayer ports to
other processors even, so why not.

You would have to compile ffmpeg and mplayer, or try the static method of
copying libavcodec from ffmpeg to mplayer before compiling.

No guarantee, but I'm eager to hear if you made that work;). The mplayer
doesn't need any output caps except mpegpes(file), so you can disable
anything that isn't available on windows, anyway (except ffmpeg/libavcodec of
course).

I think I've heard that ffmpeg also compiles on windows machines. (I don't use
that windows program, so no more info here, sorry)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt