[vdr] Re: Stromverbrauch

On Tue 11 Feb 03 10:16, you wrote:

> My VDR box contains 2 DVB-s (v2.1 + v1.3), PIII 1,26GHz, DVD-ROM,
> All-in-one Mini-ATX Motherboard, 2 IBM HDs (60 + 120 GB).
> The supplied 350W power supply is enough, even when recording on each
> DVB-s.

But '350 Watts' are not 350 Watts (!) There are a lot of very cheap power
supplys (e.g. linkworld, prontotech or whatever), which are labeled 350 or
400 Watts but they are not able to provide as much current on 5V as my 150
Watts siemens supply (build by Astec). I think the total amount of 'Watts' is
nearly irrelevant until the current is high enough were you need it (in the
12V, 5V or 3,3V Part)
For me, a 150Watt Astec ATX (Siemens) PS works in a Pentium II 350 MHz with a
Fujitsu 2 Gig and a WD 60 Gig HDD and two V.1.3 DVBs on a D1107 Board with
Network on and Matrox MGA200 off Board very stable.

--
Bis denn,

Ulrich