[vdr] Re: Perhaps a stupid question... Dolby Digital / AC3

Hello Ulrich,

> I recorded last Sunday Mission Impossible at ProSieben.
> Normaly, even it is not Dolby Digital 5.1 they broadcast a
> Dolby Digital 2.0
> Signal, so AFAIK there is always a Dolby Digital Stream.
>
> I emphasize this, because I am not sure about the fact
> Mission Impossible was
> broadcastet in DD 5.1 :)

I recorded it as well and in my recording I have DD 5.1.

> Now, I have tried to demultiplex the mpeg stream, but ds.jar
> tells there is
> only one Video and one Mpeg audio-stream. nothing about Dolby
> Digital. In vdr the option (Record Dolby Digital) is
> correctly set. I do not use any commandline Parameters,
> because I have no AC-3 Decoder
> connected to my vdr directly, I only want to record the
> stream for archiving
> on DVD.

Ds.jar extracted an ac3 stream from this recording without
problems.

> Any hints?

No, I don't know why it didn't work for you. I deleted this
recording but I have it archived on DVD.
Are you interested in a copy of the DVD?

Bye
Jens Dorstewitz