[vdr] Re: setting up vdr 1.1.21 + lirc....

Are Årseth wrote:
> > no reaction.... only the av7110_loadkeys and the evtest programm
> > react on my  ircontrol....
>
> The new drivers don't support lirc. It's as simple as that :) The
> av7110_loadkeys configures the /dev/input/eventX interface. There is
> a remote plugin for vdr that uses the event interface.

Correct.

> The remote plugin is still in version 0.0.1,

What's wrong with this number?
Nobody has ever reported bugs.

> does not support key repeat and has

This is a firmware issue. I cannot fix the firmware. :-(

> a tendency to emit two keypresses when I just press once, but other
> than that it works very well :)

I'm not aware of this problem.
Which vdr version and which driver version are you using?
Could you try to find out whether the driver receives multiple events
from the firmware? In DVB/driver/av7110/Makefile change the line
    insmod dvb-ttpci.o;
    insmod dvb-ttpci.o av7110_ir_debug=1;
If this happens again, check your syslog. Thank you.

Oliver