[vdr] Re: mplayer.sh feature request: VCD&DVD-playback

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 16:43, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in VDRPORTAL it is has now been discussed a few times whether it would
> be possible to extend the mplayer.sh (which btw. works fine!) script so
> that (S)VCD and DVD playback would be possible. See
> http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1199&sid=25691293d4234980
>b94772c284542fa5&hilight=mplayer%20ntsc&hilightuser=0 and
> http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1316&sid=25691293d4234980
>b94772c284542fa5&hilight=mplayer%20ntsc&hilightuser=0
>
> Many users report that for instance the quality of MPlayer's DVD
> playback is better than of the DVD-plugin. Furthermore, this would allow
> us to play NTSC discs which is not possible with the VCD or DVD-plugin.
>  From the command line, this already works, so we "only" had to
> integrate this into the script... Juri?
>
> Matthias

NTSC-Playback is according to my informations only possible, if the TV can
handle ntsc-output. But here I might be wrong.

The often asked question about menus and mplayer: mplayer can't show
dvd-menus, nor svcd ones (can the vcd-plugin handle this ?). And both plugins
are maintened.  But the extension of the script should be easy.

BTW: can the mplayer.sh handle ogm-XCDs and/or iso-images ? Should be easy
too.

--
Regards
Steffen