[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: DXR3-plugin vdr-dxr3-0.1.6

> From: Stefan Schluenss [mailto:dxr3_osd@schluenss.de]
>
> - Added black frames between channel switches (which solves the frozen
>  picture 'problem' when using the mp3-plugin, too).
> - Increased thread priority of output threads which improves live stream
> quality on my system (K6II 350).

I tried this right away and I got a feeling that the channel switching and
Looks good. OSD is faster now.

But sorry to say, the mp3 playback still crashes VDR. The picture does break
down and VDR stops responding. I have a feeling this is the EM8300 driver
problem, but that's just a guess. I'm not the right person to debug this
one...

> - Officially we only support CPUs faster than AMD K6 II 350 (because we
> don't
> have a slower CPU).
> - If it works with slower CPUs ... great.

I did use VDR on AMD K6 II 300 for a month or so. It was able to record two
channels and playback a recording at the same time, and still run other
non-heavy processes etc. The biggest problem was that I only had 64M of
memory and VDR can eat more than half of that easily.

Now I've "upgraded" into Celeron 300A with 256M of memory.

					Teemu