[vdr] Re: vdr with monitor (without tv)

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 15:54, you wrote:

> > > yes and kvdr
> >
> > No, there's a small tool called video which uses fb, in the driver
> > DVB/apps I think ... Works fine, I'm using this with my videoserver

How can you use this tool with vdr, and what can you do with it?  Can you do
everything vdr can do? (same osd?)
Is your videoserver a vdr box?
As I said, i don't have a dvb card yet so i can't give that a try...

> you can also use "fbtv" :)

Is fbtv similar to video? how can i use that?

I'm not very familiar with framebuffer device either. How can i use these
devices. Do i have to recompile my kernel with framebuffer support.
I am running redhat 8.0 with original 2.4-18 kernel , and it doesn't seem to
support framesupport.
(I have a /dev/fb0 file, but i tried fbset and got : open /dev/fb0: No such
device).

thanks,

alexis