[vdr] Re: mp3/mplayer and ash BUG or NOT BUG ???

Hi Stefan!

 > Von: nathan@gmx.de [mailto:nathan@gmx.de]Im Auftrag von Stefan Huelswitt
 >
 > On 15 Feb 2003 "Philippe" <philippe@accuitee.com> wrote:
 > > I checked with bash instead of ash and everything worked great. Don't
 > > understand why under ash VDR can't kill mplayer.
 > When the plugin starts mplayer.sh it gets the PID of the shell
 > process. The trick is to make the shell start mplayer in the same
 > process.

It doesn't seem to be a problem of ash, I have the same problem with
"GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(1)-release" on a Debian SID distribution
from January.

I tried to fix the stopping problem in slave mode by sending a "quit"
command to mplayer when the plugin stops playback (see the attached patch).
This works for the first time, but when I start the plugin for a second
time,
the keyboard input doesn't work, so that I have to kill mplayer. Do you have
any idea how to fix this?

  Michael

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: mplayer_plugin.diff