[vdr] Re: viva/viva plus and vdr-1.1.25...

On Dienstag, 4. März 2003 14:30 Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > hardware is nova-s+dxr3, vanilla vdr-1.1.22/25 with dxr3-0.1.6.
>
> VDR 1.1.25 did introduce a change in the ring buffer handling that is
> used in Transfer Mode (which you are using when your primary device is
> a DXR3). Maybe the DXR3 plugin is having trouble with that - although
> I can't imagine why that would be...
>
> I tested a similar constellation here, with VIVA PLUS set to be receivable
> only on my second DVB device (which is a NOVA-S), and the primary device
> being a Siemens DVB-S (I don't have a DXR3). With this setup it worked
> just fine.

It seems to me that the DXR3-Plugin cannot always accept the data correctly
with that new Transfer Mode.

When using a DVB-S as the output-device, everything works fine, but with the
DXR3-Output, somewhere data is lost. The messages say "skipped xxx bytes to
sync on TS packet".

The Problem is, when I tried to debug that, that all this data is flowing
independent from the Output-Device (when this messages are created) and only
after the full re-processing, it flows into the output-plugin. So the only
thing I can imagine is some kind of memory violation (??).

If anyone encounters this, too and is able to debug it, please try to do
so!!!;)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt