[vdr] [Announce] nvram-wakeup-0.05 and 0.90

high!

I released two new versions of the NVRAM-WakeUp: 0.05 and 0.90.

NVRAM-WakeUp  is a (small) program that can read and write the WakeUp time
in  the BIOS (via /dev/nvram on recent 2.4.x kernels). On this WakeUp time
the computer will be powered on automatically from the soft-off state.

It is available at

    http://sf.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/

Here is a list of changes:

Well,  the 0.05 version is the last release in the 0.0x series and is just
a release including all motherboards supported by the cvs version. I think
this version could be considered stable.

The 0.90 version is a complete rewrite of large parts.
 + Now it is able to auto-detect the mainboard/bios brand/revision
   (that means MB=xxx compile option is obsolete)
   (thanks to Bernhard "Bero" Rosenkraenzer <bero@arklinux.org>)
 + Added runtime option for configuration files
   (if the board isn't supported out-of-the-box yet, you can pass
   a configuration file with the addresses)
   so recompilation on every address change is obsolete.
 - The compile time option ACTUALLY_WRITE is obsolete.
   CHANGED BEHAVIOUR: Now nvram-wakeup writes by default.
     Use --nowrite run time option to have the old behaviour
     of ACTUALLY_WRITE=OFF

Well,  the  board/bios  detection is based on the DMI entries in the BIOS.
some of them may be incorrect in the new release.

 * If your board used to work with an old 0.0x version, and does not with
   the new one, please send me the MB=xxx number from the old version and
   the output of 'biosinfo' program (in the new version)

The 0.90 version should be considered of beta quality.

And many thanks to everyone who sent me ideas/hints/pathces.

Have Fun!

        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\