[vdr] Remote not working with vdr

Hi All,

My remote is not working with vdr.I have Hauppauge Nexus-S card.Linux kernel
is Red Hat 2.4.17.
I have installed vdr1.1.20 and linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0.I had compiled vdr with
"make REMOTE=RCU".when I run vdr, I see following in log:

found 1 video device
ERROR:illegal channel ID=0
setting primary device to 1
SVDRP listening on port 2001
ERROR: /dev/ttyS1:Input,Output error.

I see the following on the TV screen:

Learning Remote control Keys(RCU)
Phase3: Saving Key codes
Press 'up' to save,'Down' to Cancel.

I tried pressing all the keys on remote and nothing happens.After this it
hangs and I have to use the ctl c to come out of that.

Can somebody pl. point out what has gone wrong.

Regards,
Sheetal Pandey

is appreciated.