[vdr] AW: Re: MP3 Plugin

Hi Juri!

 > From: Juri Haberland
 > your patch doesn't really fix the problem. It just "avoids" it.

I used the following command to track down the problem:
ps ax | grep "(vdr)|(mplayer)" >xxx

I created a new file (xxx) for each of the following steps and compared them
with diff:
1. after vdr has been started
2. after mplayer has been started (first time)
3. after mplayer has been stopped (first time)
4. after mplayer has been started (second time)
5. after mplayer has been stopped (normally I didn't get to this point)

After step 2, I got a vdr thread which terminates and hangs
as a zombie, so the problem happened right after starting mplayer, not
when stopping it. I modified the mplayer.sh script so it won't start
mplayer, but enters a loop and waits for the "quit" command on stdin.
This works fine without problems. This lead me to the idea to remove
the "exec" when starting mplayer.

Even with the zombie thread vdr works fine, until you stop mplayer and
restart it again. Then the keyboard is dead and after about 30 seconds
of doing nothing, vdr exits and mplayer keeps on running.

When I tried to reproduce the problem, I couldn't, but I'll try it again.

  Michael