[vdr] AW: Re: problem with recording

Hallo,

> Gerhard Steiner wrote:
> >> Hi Juri,
> >> you are right, I am using ntpdate from crontab, but only at
> >> "full hours".
> >>
> >> I don't know, why the clock jumped at 20:13.
>
> I have no idea.
>
> If you have a flat rate or any other connection that doesn't cost you
> much on any connect you might want to run ntpd instead of ntpdate. This
> keeps your clock continuously in sync.

VDR kan also set the time according to a channel f.x. ARD.
If VDR does that itself i suppose there should be no problems with recording
like here or am i wrong ?
Maybe that is what happend ?
Look in settings of (i belive it was) EPG to see if VDR is configured to set
the time.

When VDR is setting the time LIRC "complains" the same way as here with
ntpdate.

I know it is better to use ntpd, but for those not having flat or MB-based
rates it might be an OK solution :)

Greetings
Christian