[vdr] Re: VDR box based on EPIA-M board and Cubid case

Hi,

i have read your mail on the vdr mailing list.
I work on EPia 800 since december 2002, but i stil have a problem of
performance with DVD playback with no dvb card.
I use vesa framebuffer, and i have tried all combinations of drivers.

Do you have the same problem or do you have solved the problem???

The dvb-card that you use has the MPEG decoder hardware???

Thank you for the attention.

Regards.

* Marcel Pommer <marsellus@gmx.net> [110203, 23:11]:
> On Monday 10 February 2003 19:31, Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
> > mplayer has a driver for DVB boards. During my first tests with my DVB
> > card I installed it on my desktop PC (667 MHz P3) and could watch DVD
> > without problems and with very low CPU usage. I have not tested it with
> > the EPIA board (no DVD drive attached)
> >
> epia 800 and wintv dvb-s: very well, 10% cpu, svcd works, so dvd will also.
> still major problems with some mpeg2 files. divx-transcoding is much tooo
> sloooow so avi cannot be played via the dvb card's output :-)
>
> --
> --
> Marcel Pommer
> marsellus@gmx.net