[vdr] Re: Recording into Subdirectories

On Friday 14 March 2003 17:22, gerhard.achs@gmx.at wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'd like to be able to record into subdirectories of /video.
> REASON : I've mounted some space via NFS, but want to keep my main
> vdr-video-dir locally. now I'd like to record some files locally (into
> /video/TITLE_EPISODE), others shall be shared to my other VDR box, which
> directly mounts this dir as /video, too (/video/storaetsch/TITLE_EPISODE,
> where storaetsch is mounted via NFS.)
>
> I already tried to modify the Timer-Filenames which all kinds of escaped
> and unescaped slashes, but vdr records locally and ignores my /es.
>
> Any Idea someone?

Play around with "~", from the manual:

File:
     The name under which a recording created through this timer will
     be stored on disk (the actual name will also contain the date and
     time, so it is possible to have a "repeating timer" store all its
     recordings under the same name; they will be distinguishable by
     their date and time).
     If the file name contains the special character '~', the recording
     will be stored in a hierarchical directory structure. For instance,
     a file name of "Sci-Fi~Star Trek~Voyager" will result in a directory
     structure "/video/Sci-Fi/Star_Trek/Voyager". The '~' character has
     been chosen for this since the file system's directory delimiter '/'
     may be part of a regular programme name.
     Repeating timers create recordings that contain the 'Episode name'
     information from the EPG data in their file name. Typically (on tv
     stations that care about their viewers) this contains the episode
     title of a series. The episode name is appended to the timer's file name,
     separated by a '~' character, so that it results in all recordings
     of this timer being collected in a common subdirectory.
     If this field is left blank, the channel name will be used to form
     the name of the recording.

Cheers :-)
Dennis