[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Strange VDR problems

Michael Dreher wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> Steffen Becker wrote:
>  > > Today I found out that VDR versions (plain vanilla without any plugin)
> from
>  > > 1.1.22 up produce a strange behavoir on my maschine. The CPU load
> repeatedly
>  > > increases to 100% for a second or two to return to normal again. The
> whole
>  > > thing repeats itself every let's say 20 seconds...

Hmmm, the only thing that comes to mind where 20 seconds would be
involved is the EIT scanner.

Does your system have more than one DVB card? If so, could you set the
"Setup/EPG/EPG scan timeout" parameter to 0 and see if these load peaks
still happen?

> I can confirm the problem. Here it causes problems with DivX playback via
> the DVB card.
>
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>  > Can you determine which thread causes the high load and identify
>  > it through the messages in the log file?
>
> The thread which causes the high load is the one that starts the plugins.
> I saw it when I added traces to the mplayer plugin.

That would be consistent with assuming that the EIT scanner causes the peaks,
since cEITScanner::Process() is called from the main VDR thread.

Klaus