[vdr] VIA EPIA und S/PDIF

Hi,

i'm using a VIA EPIA mainboard (without "M") and want to send all the sound
from the DVB-s 1.3 over the S/PDIF-Out of the mainboard to my Kenwood
KRF-V7030D.

At the moment i'm using the digital out of the DVB-s over an TOTX-connector
(COAX-to-Optical conversation), but i can't use AC3 over this (with the
AC3overDVB patch), because my receiver does not detect the stream. Normal
stereo over the digital out is no problem.

Now i'm searching for another solution. Is it possible to route all sound
over the PCI bus to the onboard sound of the VIA EPIA?
I have read a little bit over the bitstream plugin, but on vdrportal.de i
have read, that it is not possible to send both stereo and AC3 over the
S/PDIF-out of the soundcard. Or have a misunderstand something?

The soundcard on the VIA EPIA has no Digital-In, so i can't simply connect
Pin 4 of the DVB-s to the sound card. The soundcard is based on a VIA
VT82C686 AC97.

My actual configuration:
VIA EPIA 500
Siemens/Fujitsu DVB-s 1.3
VDR 1.1.25
driver: linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0-pre2 with CI firmware
linux 2.4.20 kernel (no patches included)

Has someone a similar setup running?

Thanks in advance,
Oliver