[vdr] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Strange VDR problems

Steffen Becker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the late reply. I've been away a few days.
>
> I've got only a single DVB rev 2.1 card in my PC. I switched back to my test
> environment, made sure the strange behavoir was still there and then I set
> the EPG scan timeout to zero. Result: The strange load peaks have vanished
> as far as I can see!!
>
> Do I need this paramter? Will I be missing EPG information? Otherwise it is
> at least a workaround for the moment...

This will be fixed in version 1.1.26.

For the moment it is safe to leave the parameter at 0. VDR will just
not start the automatic EPG scan after several hours of user inactivity.
If you explicitly switch to a channel you'll have all the EPG info from that
transponder.

Klaus