[vdr] Re: Small client for SVDRP

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 05:45:48PM +0100, Oliver Friedrich wrote:
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Both is possible in my system. I have devfs in my kernel and the mini
> distribution that is the base of my system has a function limited 'nc'. I
> will look, if i can work with it. It has the following options:

I got the answer to the sleeping problem via private email. As a result
I'd suggest using something like this:

(sleep 5 ; echo "hitk power") > /dev/tcp/localhost/2001

I guess the same thing can be accomplished with nc like this:

(sleep 5 ; echo "hitk power") | nc localhost 2001

I haven't tried either one of these yet so I'm not claiming that they will
work ;)

--
  Lauri