[vdr] Re: diseqc.conf 4 lnb

that will become useful if you have a twin or quad-switched lnd ("4x full lnb")

i have 2 lnb connections from a quad-switched lnb and a 4x4 switch with 22kHz,
so i connected the the two cables from the dish to the highband and switched on
the 22kHz generator to "tell" the lnb to switch to highband (i got 4 digital
signals with only 2 cables from the dish)

> What happens in your setup if you use a 4/4 switch and
> - receiver 1 sends the sequence 'S19.2/high band/vertical' and
> - receiver 2 sends the sequence 'S19.2/low band/horizontal'?
> I think the result depends on the switch you are using.

thats a "old" scenario today (if your distance between dish and stb is not too far)
you may use a quad-switched lnb instead of a quad-lnb (provides low h, low v, high h,
high v, on every output) and a 4x4 switch
the result is that the four outputs of the 4x4 switch has a full capable signal and
every stb can switch between the 4 options (the quad-lnb does nothing, it´s static)