[vdr] Re: OSD colors vanishing after time

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Robert Schneider wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>since I upgraded to 1.1.25 and the pre2 drivers, I have observed for
> >>mulitple times that OSD colors just vanish at some time. I read a thread
> >>about that (beginning of March) but couldn't find hints or causes.
> >>
> >>Anybody else observing that? I'm running plain vanilla vdr with only the
> >>mp3 plugin (which I wouldn't consider being the cause).
> >

> > Can you *definitely* rule that out?
> > Does it also happen if you don't use that plugin?
>
> I can confirm that it also happens without any plugin and only my PID
> finder patch applied. The OSD colors get messed up after some time and
> the firmware is likely to crash shortly afterwards.
> It appears as if filters set to the PAT and PMT pid's/sections will
> increase the likelyhood of incuring the OSD color problem.
> I experimented with syncing OSD activity to the demux devices by adding
> the av7110->demux mutex to the OSD ioctl call path in the driver. It
> appears as if the color problem is harder to reproduce then, but it will
> still occure after some time.
> Judging from other people's reports, it would appear as if those
> problems do not occure on all cards. I have talked to several people
> that could not reproduce these problems with the RC2 driver.

I can confirm this also. As higher the section filter load is, as higher is
the "chance" to vanish the OSD.

The older ci-cam firmware is more stable with higher load section filter,
but with this it happend also...

With the newest CVS it is possible to do section filtering via
software-filter, i have tested this yesterday, and this *is* much more
realiable then hardware section filtering at the moment.

Greetings

A.Share