[vdr] Re: MiniDVD and VDR DVD Plugin

Mario,

> Your DVD drive refuses to read this CD as DVD.....

Which it isn't of course :)

> > mkisofs -dvd-video -o dvd.img dvd
> > cdrecord dev=0,4,0 -dao dvd.img
>
> I don't now anything about MiniDVD's, but DVD's use a UDF filesystem,
> you created a ISO9660 filesystem ...

mkisofs
-dvd-video                  Generate DVD-Video compliant UDF file system

In case of a mini-DVD, the DVD drive considers it a standard CD-R (with
whatever on it, it doesn't care), with the software side taking care of
everything.

> Mar 17 17:07:42 video kernel:   The failed "Send DVD Structure" packet
> command was:
> Mar 17 17:07:42 video kernel:   "ad 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 08 00 00 "

DVD specific ioctls will fail in this case, and should not be used.

I don't know how to solve the problem for you, I just want to take away the
confusion of wether it has anything to do with your CD/DVD drive (you don't
even need a DVD drive, CD reader will do, it needs to be fast enough to reach
DVD 1x speed though, so CD x9 ?)

The software needs to understand that the CD-image is a DVD UDF filesystem.

Consider one example, usually if I have a big divx (from recording) to burn to
a CD-R, and the size is matched to max out a single CD-R, I burn the divx
directly AS the ISO, instead of putting it INSIDE an ISO image.

Mplayer will play it just fine (i.e. mplayer /dev/cdrom - and it will
recognise it as a divx). Until now we still haven't figured out how to
convince Windows (friend's place) to play them :-)

What does mplayer say about your mini-DVD ? With or without -dvd parameter ?

Let us know how things progress,
Cheers!
Dennis