[vdr] What happens exactly when shuting down the vdr?

Hello guys,

I have vdr-1.1.25 and nvram aktive and working. This combination is
working very well and I am totaly satisfied with this functionality,
except one point. This thing is involved by a human factor - my wife
;-).

It happend twice that I had programmed a timer for a recording. My wife
was looking TV short time before the timer starts. My wife wants to
switch off TV and VDR before the timer matched and pressed the Power
button. VDR warned her, that I recording will start in a few minutes and
if VDR should really power down. She confirmed and VDR shuts down.

VDR starts the vdrshutdown script and within this script nvram is
called. In the syslog it could be read that the timer event is less then
10 minutes in the future Nvram doesnt writes into the bios and exits.

What than happens is not totally clear to me. The shudown (which is the
next line after nvram) command within the vdrshutdown script is not
executed. In the Logs there is nothing that shows that VDR is not
running anymore, but VDR does not react on keypresses on the remote, nor
starts when the timer matches.

In my vdrshutdown script there is nothing killed nor the driver
"rmmoded". Nvram exited with exit code 1 which is "Everything is OK".

So my question is, what happens really after pressing the power button
in VDR. OK, VDR calles the vdrshutdownn script, but what is VDR doing?
Is VDR keep on running and runs only the shutdown script. Or does VDR
exit itself somehow?

Has somebody a idea what happend in that - rarely circumstances?

TNX
--
Ralf.Klueber@Vodafone.com           Vodafone D2 GmbH
Group Leader 'Radio Network Planning Tools and Methods'