[vdr] Re: More features implemented than possible?

----- Original Message -----
From: "CR" <crlisten@onlinehome.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2003 11:11 AM
Subject: [vdr] More features implemented than possible?

> Hi,
>
> This is my most curious 'bug' report I ever wrote. I do not report a bug,
but
> a feature, I thought would be impossible.
>
> I have a dual card setup: One DVB-C card for receiving and one DVB-S for
> displaying. I did not manage to get a satelite dish so far, so there is no
> recording possible on the DVB-S card.
>
> I switched to vdr-1.1 last week and yesterday I was looking one program
while
> a timer started to record another program. I expected my current program
> stop, but this did not happen. vdr recorded happily the other program
while
> showing the actual one. How is this possible? I always thought, one card
can
> only receive one program at a time.

No. One Card receives the complete TS which is delivered completely by a
low-budget card. The full-featured cards remux a specified number of PIDs (I
think maximum is 32) in a new TS. From this TS VDR 1.1.x can extract any
number of PIDs in parallel by software-demuxer.

This means the cards can do parallel recordings on the same transponder and
time-shifting with firmware used in drivers for VDR 1.1.x.

Rene