[vdr] Re: [EXPERIMENTAL] new autopid /nvod patch

Hi,

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Helge Lenz wrote:

> Andreas Schultz wrote:

[...]

> Strange thing, I applied all the patches to a fresh copy of vdr-1.1.26
> and now it works, except the group delimiters in the channels.conf. But
> even if I delete all group delimiters from my own channels.conf I can't
> get it work. I did not check every line but the first lines don't seem
> to be different.

It could also be that some channel parameters are wrong. The patch
requires each channel can be matched to a transponder. Channels will
normaly be matched by their transponder id (tid). The tid field is
reserved in channels.conf, but is ususaly not filled in. So i try to find
the transponder by matching source, polarication and freqency. If there is
a single channel in your existing channels.conf that can not be matched by
those parameters, channel loading will stop a that point and channels will
not be renumbered resulting in an channel list with all zeros as channel
numbers.
The offending channel will be the first one that is not listed in the load
channel list. Please also pay special attention to the transponder
frequencys. The transponder list was generated with data from SatcoDX
which apparently had some different transponder frequencys.

Have fun

   Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>