[vdr] Re: Which motherboard for a vdr box ?

>On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Florian Bartels wrote:
>
>>hi,
>>
>>I have to warn you that, according to
>>http://www.linuxbios.org/status/index.html, Linuxbios is unstable on the
>>pcchips 810! If you need (I don't think so) linuxbios, bye a supported
>>one! Personally, I'm very satisfied with Asus boards, but they are
>>expensive.
>
>I on the other hand have been very happy with a VIA Epia 800 as the base
>for the box. Has all you need: net, gfx, audio, no cpu fan (large heat
>sink used), small, cheap, one PCI slot for a DVB card.
Epia boards are great! Especially for vdr, the speed is more than enough, they are cheap and very small.
I just wanted to say that I've made good experiences with Asus, there are good boards from other manufacturers, too!

Have fun :-)

>--
>Voodoo is a very interesting religion for the whole family, even those
>    members of it who are dead.
>                          -- Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens
>

>--
>Info:

Best regards.
Florian Bartels