[vdr] Re: Idea how to generate a OSD-Main-Menu from a plugin

> Making something modular is a great idea and one thing. Making
> something modular work for *everyone* is another and requires
> *a LOT* more work and time.

that the part i agree most with you

there are much bigger projects (also GPL) then VDR and they get maintained end developed - its more a question of time and organisation and DEFINITIONS (programmers that i know do more thinking and planing then writing code - beside the time they wait for other project members to finish there work)

my impression is that VDR is more evolving then driven by strict rules, plans and release dates - its a very complex hobby people share
maybe people should see it more like that

anyone is free to start a project at sf.net and gather developers